The Ravalico family originates from Piran where they were
engaged in fishing. In the mid 19th century, one member
of the family moved to Nova Vas on the river Mirna and
built a house, starting virtually from scratch. He became a
farmer. Those were difficult years, times of many sacrifices,
people worked “from dark to dark”. However, step-by-step,
the income grew. In 1903, with the grand grandfather
Giovanni, the wine production began. The hours, days, years
and summers passed by quickly around the tower bell.
The patriarchal family, which cultivated the surrounding
fields with its sagacity, became a very united and dynamic
community. The enterprise of the grandfathers turned into
hard work and self-sacrifice of fathers while the sons have
gathered this heritage, got modernised and became the largest
and most influential private producers on the peninsula. In
addition, the application of innovation and modernization in
the field of wine making contributed to obtaining the most
genuine taste and aroma from the precious grapes. Wine and
grappa Ravalico have crossed the national borders, winning
numerous gold medals and awards at major enological fairs.
With renewed symbol on its sign, the Ravalico family remains
recognisable by the authenticity and specific characteristics
of production – a precious gift of the family Ravalico from
the fertile Istrian soil.